Brother MFC-8870DW ink
Cartridge prices starting at $17.95
The Brother MFC-8870DW offers much more than just printing—it works as a copier, scanner, and fax too. It’s ideal for businesses and small workgroups as it allows users to scan a large multi-page, single-sided document and features automatic two-sided printing. Plus, it offers print and copy speeds of up to 21 pages per minute to keep up with busy offices and businesses. What else would you need from this all-in-one printer? So, when it starts running out of toner, be sure to install only high-quality replacement toner cartridges. Carrot Ink offers these products at a fraction of the cost of genuine toner cartridges. Check out our compatible Brother TN580 and DR520 from our listing below.
Buy Ink Cartridges for Brother MFC-8870DW ink
Contains 2 Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridges, and 1 Compatible Drum Unit
Regular Price: $91.99
Special Price $54.95
Toner cartridge for the Brother HL-5250DNHY, Brother DCP-8065, and many more!
Regular Price: $53.95
Special Price $17.95
How To Replace Cartridge(s)
Change the empty toner cartridge on the Brother MFC-8870DW with these simple steps:
- Open the front cover of your printer.
- Slide the drum unit out along with the toner cartridge assembly.
- Push down the lock lever on the right.
- Pull the old toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Remove the new toner cartridge from its packaging. Set aside the aluminum bag for recycling.
- Lightly shake the toner cartridge from side to side five or six times until the toner is evenly spread inside the cartridge.
- Slide the protective cover out of the cartridge.
- Push the new toner cartridge in the drum unit until you hear it click into position.
- Lightly slide the blue tab from right to left, vice versa to clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit.
- Slide the drum unit back into the printer.
- Close the printer cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I get the exact number of 7,500 pages with my compatible toner cartridge?
The actual page count varies depending on your average type of document. If your printed pages are more than 5% coverage, it’s most likely that you’ll get less than the approximate page yield.
How is the drum unit different from the toner cartridge?
The toner cartridge acts as the container of the toner powder, while the drum unit is used to create print images on paper.
Why should I take extra caution when putting the toner cartridge in the drum unit?
If you fail to put the toner cartridge correctly in the drum unit, chances are the toner cartridge will separate from the drum unit, which can lead to print quality issues or worse printer damage.