Stylus Photo R220
Shop Cartridges for Stylus Photo R220
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Turn the printer on and open the printer cover. Press the H ink button.
- Lift up the cartridge cover.
- Locate the cartridge you wish to replace.
- Press the tab on the back of the cartridge and lift it out of its slot.
- Take the new cartridge out of its wrapper and remove the plastic tape. Do not touch the green circuit.
- Insert the new cartridge in the correct slot and push it in until it clicks into place.
- Close the cartridge cover.
- Close the printer cover and press the H ink button. The printer will charge the ink. This will take about a minute.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I getting unexpectedly light printouts after installing a remanufactured ink cartridge on my Epson Stylus Photo R220?
If you’ve recently installed a new cartridge, it’s highly likely that the light printouts are due to clogged nozzles and not because you used a remanufactured one. Try cleaning the printhead to unclog the nozzles.
What does it mean when the red ink light flashes and when it stays on?
When the red ink light flashes, it means one of the cartridges is running low on ink. And when the red ink light stays on, it means you need to replace one of the cartridges.
If my printouts contain misaligned vertical lines, does it mean one of the ink cartridges is defective?
No. Misaligned vertical lines in printouts are due to an alignment issue. Try aligning the printhead to fix this problem.