MFC-8120Cartridge prices starting at $30.99
Shop Cartridges for MFC-8120
- Brother TN570 & DR510 High-Yield Compatible 2-Pack Combo
Contains 1 TN570 Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridge, and 1 DR510 Compatible Drum UnitLearn More$57.992 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN570 (Replaces TN540) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge 6,700 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Open the front cover and pull the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly to remove it from the printer.
- Pull the used toner cartridge out of the drum unit while holding down the lock lever on the left.
- Take the new toner cartridge out of the packaging.
- Hold the new cartridge on both sides and gently rock it five to six times to distribute the toner evenly.
- Remove the protective cover.
- Put the new toner cartridge in the drum unit until it clicks into place.
- Clean the primary corona wire.
- Insert the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
I want to save on toner while printing with my Brother MFC-8120—how can I do that?
Your MFC printer allows you to save on toner by simply activating the ‘Toner Save’ feature. It, however, provides lighter prints, so you might want to reconsider if you need to print and copy images and documents.
My printer says ‘Change Drum Soon’—what does it mean?
A ‘Change Drum Soon’ error message indicates that the drum unit is near the end of its service life and should be replaced soon.
Can I still print even if the ‘Change Drum Soon’ appears on the LCD display?
Yes, you can still print even if the LCD displays the ‘Change Drum Soon’ error message. However, if you notice any deterioration in print quality, might as well replace the drum unit first before you resume printing.