HL-6180Cartridge prices starting at $28.95
Shop Cartridges for HL-6180
- Brother DR720 Compatible Laser Drum Unit
- Brother TN750 (Replaces TN720) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner CartridgeToner cartridge for the Brother HL-5440D, Brother DCP-8110DN, and more! Learn More
- Brother TN780 Super High-Yield Black Compatible Toner CartridgeToner cartridge for the Brother MFC-8950DW, Brother HL-6180DW, and many more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Make sure that the machine is turned on. Leave the machine for at least 10 minutes to cool down.
- Press the front cover release button and then open the front door.
- Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. We recommend that you place the drum unit assembly on a piece of disposable paper or cloth in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
- Push down the green lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge. Hold the cartridge level with both hands and gently shake it from side to side several times to spread the toner evenly inside the cartridge.
- Pull off the protective cover.
- Put the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put it in properly, the green lock lever on the drum unit will lift automatically.
- Clean the corona wider inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left several times.
- Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back into the machine.
- Close the front cover of the machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need both a toner cartridge and drum unit for my printer?
Yes, you'll need both for your printer to work. However, both have different page yields, and will often need replacement at different times.
Will my printer get damaged from using products that aren't from Brother?
Nope! We promise that as long as you're installing your printer ink properly according to the directions we provided, your printer is safe with our products.
What's the difference between a drum unit and a toner cartridge?
The drum unit and toner cartridge work together to print out your documents. While the toner cartridge contains the ink used for printing, the drum unit is what transfers the ink from the toner cartridge onto your printing media.