HL-5150DCartridge prices starting at $30.99
Shop Cartridges for HL-5150D
- Brother TN570 & DR510 High-Yield Compatible 2-Pack Combo
Contains 1 TN570 Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridge, and 1 DR510 Compatible Drum UnitLearn More$57.992 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN570 (Replaces TN540) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge 6,700 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Press the cover release button of the printer and then open the front cover.
- Pull the drum unit assembly forward where the empty cartridge is. Then, push down the blue lock lever and remove the used toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unbox the new toner cartridge. Hold the new toner on both ends and firmly lock it 5-6 times to distribute the ink inside thoroughly.
- Remove the protective cover of the toner and then place the new toner into the drum and push until it snaps into place.
- Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by carefully sliding the blue tab from side to side a few times and then return this tab to its original position.
- Push the drum unit assembly back into the printer and then close the front cover of the machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my printer need both the drum unit and the toner cartridge to work?
Yes. A toner cartridge contains the powder ink, while the drum unit ensures that the ink is transferred to the paper. Together, they allow your machine to print high-quality outputs.
Is it advisable to stock up on ink?
Yes, it is. If you use your printer frequently or if you're required to use thicker types of paper, we recommend that you store unopened boxes of toner at home or at work to avoid a replacement emergency once your printer runs out. If you're stocking up on new toner cartridges, please store them in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat and sunlight to ensure that the ink's quality is intact. This toner has a shelf life of 24-36 months so it should retain its quality when stored properly.
How many pages can I get from this toner?
Our Brother TN570 Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge has a page yield of 6,700 pages. On the other hand, our Brother DR510 Black Compatible Drum Unit has a page yield of 20,000. Please note that the page yield of a toner and drum unit may differ depending on printer settings, frequency of printing, and type of paper you use.