HP OfficeJet J4550 InkCartridge prices starting at $18.95
Shop Cartridges for OfficeJet J4550
- HP 901 (CC656AN) Tri-Color Remanufactured Ink CartridgeInk Cartridge for HP OfficeJet J4540, HP OfficeJet J4680c, and many more! Learn More
- HP 901XL (CC654AN) Black High-Yield Remanufactured Ink CartridgeInk cartridge for the HP OfficeJet 4500, HP OfficeJet J4860, and more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Before replacing the ink cartridge, you need to make sure that the machine is plugged in and powered on.
- Open the print access door and wait for the carriage to move to the far right side of the machine until it’s idle.
- Remember that the HP OfficeJet J4550 printer has two cartridge slots—the left one is for the colored ink, while the right slot is for the black ink. When removing the cartridge from the slot, press it down gently to dislodge and then pull it towards you.
- Prepare the new ink cartridge for installation by carefully removing the plastic tab. Be careful not to touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles to prevent ink failure, clogs, and faulty electrical connections.
- Hold the new cartridge, making sure that the copper-colored contacts are facing downward, and then push it firmly into the slot until you hear snap into place.
- Close the front access door and wait a few seconds for the printer to automatically run an alignment test.
Is this ink cartridge compatible with other HP OfficeJet printers?
Yes. Aside from the HP OfficeJet J4550, you can also use this ink cartridge for HP OfficeJet, 4500, J4540, J4580, and J4680. Always remember your printer’s model to make sure you’re buying the right ink replacement.
What does XL in ink cartridges mean?
The ‘XL’ you commonly see in ink cartridges signify that it contains more ink and has a higher yield that standard ink cartridges. The standard HP OfficeJet J4550 ink can produce approximately 200 prints while the XL can yield up to 700 prints.
When does this expire?
This ink cartridge has a shelf life of 12-18 months. Make sure it is stored properly in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.