Shop Cartridges for DCP-9040CN
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Open your printer's front cover by pressing the release button.
- Hold the green handle of the drum unit. Then, lift it up and pull it out until it stops.
- Hold the handle of the old toner cartridge, then pull it out. Do this for all cartridges that need replacing.
- Push the release latches on the white corona wire, and then open the cover. Next, gently slide the green tab left to right several times. Close the corona wire. Do this step for all corona wires.
- Take your new cartridge out of its bag. Hold it on its sides, then shake it five or six times to distribute the ink inside.
- Remove the orange protective cover on the new cartridge.
- Hold the new cartridge by its handle, then gently slide it into its corresponding slot in the drum unit. Do steps 5 to 7 for all cartridges that need replacing.
- Push the drum unit in until it stops.
- Close your printer's front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
How soon can I receive my order?
If you place your order before 3PM Pacific Time (except weekends and holidays), we'll make sure to ship your product on the same day! Depending on the delivery method that you choose and the product's availability, you can expect your product anywhere between one and eight business days.
Do I need to replace both the drum unit and the toner?
Your printer will be able to notify you which unit you need to replace. If your cartridges are running low but your drum unit isn't, then you only need to replace whichever cartridge is spent. But if the quality of outputs continue to decline despite replacing toner cartridges, then you would need to also replace your drum unit.
Does the drum unit come with a toner?
Our toners and drum units are sold separately.