Shop Cartridges for X658dtme
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Press the button located on the left side of the printer to release and open the front door.
- Press the button on the base of the photoconductor unit to release the old cartridge.
- Grab the handle on the cartridge and firmly pull it out of the printer.
- Get the new toner cartridge and remove all its packing material.
- Lightly shake the new cartridge to distribute the toner evenly.
- Insert the new cartridge into the printer. Make sure the white rollers on the new cartridge are aligned with the arrows on the tracks of the photoconductor unit.
- Push the new cartridge as far as it will go until you hear an audible click.
- Close the front door.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did I get a blank page when I tried to print with a newly installed cartridge?
Did you remove all its packing material prior to installation? If you are unsure, try removing the new cartridge and check if the packing material is properly removed. If not, remove it first before inserting the cartridge back into the printer.
Can I still finish the last print job if the ‘Toner Low’ message suddenly appears?
Yes. You can continue printing even after the ‘Toner Low’ message appears. Just make sure to get a replacement toner cartridge soon.
Which is better for my Lexmark X658dtme printer: a compatible toner cartridge or a remanufactured toner cartridge?
Both our remanufactured and compatible toner cartridges are designed to meet OEM specifications, so in terms of print quality, you can’t actually tell the difference. They differ, however, on page yields. So if you use your Lexmark X658dtme mostly for high-volume printing, then the compatible toner cartridge is the better option.