T642Cartridge prices starting at $114.95
Shop Cartridges for T642
- Lexmark T640 / T642 / T644 (64015HA) Black High-Yield Remanufactured Toner CartridgeToner Cartridge for Lexmark T642dtn, Lexmark T644dn, and Many More! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Push the outside release latch to lower the multipurpose feeder. Then, push the inside release tab to open the top front cover.
- Hold the handle of the used print cartridge with one hand. Then, lift it up and slowly slide it out of the printer.
- Get the new ink cartridge and remove it from the packaging.
- Hold the new cartridge and shake it a few times to distribute the toner evenly.
- Insert the new cartridge into the printer. Make sure the sides of the new cartridge are aligned with the tracks inside the printer.
- Slide the new cartridge in until it locks into place.
- Close the top front cover.
- Close the multipurpose feeder.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I get a new toner as soon as the ‘Toner Low’ message appears on the printer panel?
Not necessarily. But we do recommend you get a new toner cartridge for your Lexmark T642 soon, so you can resume printing when the used cartridge totally runs out of toner.
Where should I store an unused toner cartridge?
If you’ve got an unused toner cartridge, make sure to keep it in its original packaging and store it in a dark and dry place with a temperature below 40 degrees Celsius.
Did my newly installed toner cartridge cause these spots of toner on the printed pages?
We doubt that. It’s most likely that the surface inside the printer is dirty. Try removing the new cartridge first. Then, clean the surface using a clean, dry cloth. Make sure to wipe off any toner and dust before reinstalling the new cartridge.