E232Cartridge prices starting at $67.95
Shop Cartridges for E232
- Lexmark 12A8405 Black High-Yield Remanufactured Toner Cartridge 6,000 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Find the cover release latch on the side of the printer. Press it to open the front cover.
- Remove the old cartridge from the printer. Do this by pressing and holding the gray button while lifting out the old toner cartridge by the handle.
- Get the new toner cartridge and remove all its covers and seals.
- Shake the toner cartridge a few times to distribute the toner inside evenly.
- Slide the new toner cartridge into the printer. Push it forward until you hear it click into place.
- Place the handle in the upright position and close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the toner cartridge differ from the drum unit?
The toner cartridge is basically a plastic casing that holds the toner powder used for printing. The drum unit, on the other hand, contains the photosensitive drum and the corona wire and it is where the printing mostly happens.
Why do toner cartridges and drum units have different page yields?
The toner cartridge usually contains a finite amount of toner powder, so it can only print a very limited amount of pages. The drum unit, on the other hand, needs to be replaced only after about 3 to 4 toner cartridges have been replaced. The Lexmark 12A8302 Black Drum Unit, for example, can print approximately 30,000 pages, while the Lexmark 12A8405 Black High-Yield Toner Cartridge can print an estimated 6,000 pages. So this means that you will replace the drum unit only after replacing about 5 toner cartridges.
Will this remanufactured drum unit or toner cartridge void my Lexmark E232 printer warranty?
No. Using remanufactured toner cartridges and printer supplies on your printer will not void your printer warranty.