PhotoSmart C5580Cartridge prices starting at $19.99
Shop Cartridges for PhotoSmart C5580
- HP 75XL (CB338WN) Color High-Yield Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Contains 2 HP 75XL Color Remanufactured High-Yield Ink Cartridges.Learn More$28.992 Cartridges / $ ea
- HP 74XL (CB336WN) Black High-Yield Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Contains 2 HP 74XL Black Remanufactured Ink Cartridges.Learn More$19.992 Cartridges / $ ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Load the printer with fresh, white paper or A-4-size paper and pull down the output tray.
- Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Press down to unlock the old ink cartridge. Then, pull it out to remove from the slot and set it aside for recycling.
- Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging.
- Pull the orange pull tab to remove the plastic tape from the ink cartridge. Be careful not to touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles.
- Install the new ink cartridge in the correct slot.
- Hold the cartridge on both sides and push it firmly into its slot until you hear a snap.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
Frequently Asked Questions
What could be the reason why the ‘Alignment Failed’ message appeared on my HP PhotoSmart C5580 printer panel?
One possible reason is that you’ve probably loaded a color, photo, or used paper on the paper tray. But if you’ve loaded a clean, plain paper, then it’s probably due to low or empty cartridges. Check the ink levels of your print cartridges and replace the ‘problem’ cartridge to resolve the issue.
Why is there a need to properly dispose of empty ink cartridges?
When we properly dispose of used or empty ink cartridges, we help prevent a significant number of cartridges from ending up in the landfill.
Should I purchase a new ink cartridge when an indicator on my printer shows a low ink level?
Yes, you should consider buying a replacement ink cartridge soon to avoid printing delays. Though you can still print with a cartridge running low on ink, it won’t be long before it totally gets depleted.