HP PhotoSmart C4385 InkCartridge prices starting at $15.95
Shop Cartridges for PhotoSmart C4385
- HP 75XL (CB338WN) Color High-Yield Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Twin PackInk cartridges for the HP Deskjet D4363, HP PhotoSmart C4410, and more! Learn MoreSpecial Price $24.95 As low as $22.952 Cartridges / $7.48ea
- HP 74XL (CB336WN) Black High-Yield Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Twin PackInk cartridges for the HP OfficeJet J6405, HP PhotoSmart C4550, and more! Learn MoreSpecial Price $17.95 As low as $15.952 Cartridges / $8.48ea
- HP 99 (C9369WN) Photo Remanufactured Ink CartridgeInk Cartridge for HP Deskjet 460, HP OfficeJet J6424, and Many More! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Replace the used cartridge on your HP Photosmart C4385 by following these steps:
- Turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Wait until the carriage moves to the center of the printer and is idle and silent.
- Press down the tab on the front of the ink cartridge. Pull the cartridge up and to remove it from its slot.
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging, and then gently pull the orange pull-tab straight back.
- Remove the protective cap by twisting it counter-clockwise until it snapped off.
- Push the new ink cartridge into its slot with the nozzle and contacts facing down. Press down the new cartridge until it snaps into position.
- Close the ink cartridge access door. The printer will automatically prompt you to align the ink cartridges.
What do I do if my recently bought remanufactured cartridge did not work on my printer?
If you recently a bought new cartridge and it is not working, just let us know. All our products are covered by a one-year satisfaction guarantee. If you contact us within 365 days after date of purchase, we will quickly replace it or give you a full refund, no questions asked.
Why do the colors bleed into each other after I install a new cartridge on my HP Photosmart C4385?
Colors that bleed into each other or seem incorrect or muddy is a common issue on HP printers. And this may be a result of any of the following: incorrect print settings, paper type, and ink colors that have probably mixed in the cartridge. You may contact our customer service reps for assistance regarding ink-related issues.
What should I do if my printer says, ‘Print cartridge is missing, incorrectly installed, or not intended for your device’?
If this message displays on your printer after installing the new cartridge, you may try to remove, inspect, and reinstall the cartridge. You may also try cleaning the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts. Our customer support team is also ready to assist you in dealing with cartridge-related issues.