PhotoSmart C4100Cartridge prices starting at $12.99
Shop Cartridges for PhotoSmart C4100
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Pull the print cartridge door down to open. Wait until the print carriage moves to the far right side of the printer.
- Lightly press down on the used ink cartridge to release it from the carriage.
- Pull the cartridge toward you to take it out of the printer.
- Take the new ink cartridge out of the packaging and remove the plastic tape by pulling the pink pull tab.
- Insert the new cartridge into the empty slot. Push it forward until it clicks into place.
- Close the print cartridge door.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I ensure my HP Photosmart is turned on when installing a new cartridge?
If your HP printer is not on when you open the print cartridge door, the cartridge carrier will not release the used ink cartridge. Also, the printer might get damaged if the cartridge is not docked safely when you try to remove it.
How will I know if it’s time to install a new cartridge?
When one of your print cartridges is running low on ink, a message appears on your HP printer’s display. Get a replacement cartridge ready so you can replace the used cartridge once the print quality deteriorated.
Do I have to replace the black ink cartridge and the tri-color cartridge at the same time?
No. Either the black or the tri-color cartridge should only be replaced when it’s running low on ink or empty.