PhotoSmart 245Cartridge prices starting at $19.99
Shop Cartridges for PhotoSmart 245, PhotoSmart 245v, PhotoSmart 245xi
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Open the print cartridge door.
- Push down on the top of the used cartridge to release it from the print cartridge cradle.
- Pull the cartridge outward to remove it from the printer.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge, but make sure not to touch the ink nozzles or copper contacts.
- Pull the pink tab to remove the clear plastic tape on the new cartridge.
- Insert the new cartridge into the print cartridge cradle.
- Push the new cartridge in until it locks into place.
- Close the print cartridge door.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if the printed photos have white lines or single-color streaks?
If you notice single-color streaks and white lines on the printed photos, all you need to do is clean the print cartridge. You can do this through your printer’ control panel. After cleaning, the printer will print a test page to verify if the issue is resolved.
I haven’t used my HP PhotoSmart 245 for more than a month now—what to do before I resume printing?
If you haven’t used your printer and the print cartridge for over a month, chances are some of the ink nozzles may be clogged. So clean the print cartridge first through the printer panel to ensure print quality when you start printing.
What to do if a blank page came out when I tried printing with my PhotoSmart 245?
If you get a blank page when printing, it’s most likely that the print cartridge has run out of ink. Replace the empty cartridge before you resume printing.