LaserJet P1006Cartridge prices starting at $24.95
Shop Cartridges for LaserJet P1006
- HP 35A (CB435A) Black Jumbo Compatible Toner CartridgeToner cartridge for the HP LaserJet P1005, HP LaserJet P1003, and more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
How to replace the toner ink cartridge in an HP LaserJet P1006 printer:
- Turn the power on.
- Extend the output tray on the top of the printer.
- Open the print cartridge door.
- Remove the old print cartridge.
- Unwrap the new print cartridge. Roll it forward and back several times, and then pull off the plastic tape. Don't touch the green drum on the bottom.
- Insert the new print cartridge into the printer.
- Close the print cartridge door.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did my HP LaserJet P1006 display the ‘Install Black Cartridge’ error message when I tried printing with a newly installed cartridge?
If the cartridge is newly installed, the ‘Install Black Cartridge’ error message often indicates that an obstruction is preventing the cartridge from being recognized. Did you remove all packing materials and seals on your new toner? If you’re not sure about this, try removing the new cartridge and see if there are seals or protective tapes remaining on the cartridge. Remove the seals or tapes, if there are any. Then, reinstall the new cartridge and check if the error message no longer appears.
What to do if my HP printer prints black color on the whole page but the content is readable with color black fonts?
This printing issue is usually due to a damaged imaging drum in the toner cartridge, which often occurs when the drum unit is not cleaned properly. To fix this issue, you need to install a new toner cartridge on your printer.
Should I get a new toner cartridge to resolve print quality issues like toner marks, smears, and specks?
You should but only if these issues are not resolved after cleaning the product paper path and width guides and the pickup roller. Toner specks, marks, and smears are often caused by paper, toner, and dust particles build-up inside the printer. Try the cleaning process first before you resort to changing the toner cartridge.