LaserJet 2200dnCartridge prices starting at $33.95
Shop Cartridges for LaserJet 2200dn
- HP 96A (C4096A) Black Jumbo Compatible Toner CartridgeToner cartridge for the HP LaserJet 2100m, HP LaserJet 2200dn, and more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Open the printer’s top cover.
- Hold the handle of the used cartridge, grasp it, and gently pull it towards you to slide it out of the printer.
- Remove the new toner cartridge from the packaging.
- Rock the new toner from front to back to distribute the toner inside evenly.
- Bend the sealing tab located at the end of the cartridge until it separates from the cartridge.
- Pull the sealing tab straight out to remove the entire length of the protective tape.
- Align the new toner cartridge with the tracks inside the printer. Then, slide the new printer in and push it as far as it goes.
- Close the top printer cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I already opened the new toner cartridge but have not yet installed it, can I still keep it in storage?
Yes provided that you store it in a cool, dry place and never expose it to light. Take note, however, that the shelf life of a toner cartridge in an opened packaged is only half a year, so be sure to install it on your printer by then.
Should I immediately replace the toner cartridge on my HP LaserJet 2200dn if the print results look faded and there are light areas on the printed page?
If you have a replacement cartridge on hand, feel free to do so. But you can always maximize the remaining toner inside the cartridge. Just give it a few shakes from side to side to redistribute the toner inside the cartridge evenly.
When is it practical to choose the compatible HP 96A Jumbo over the compatible standard HP 96A?
When you print frequently and in large volumes, the compatible HP 96A Jumbo is the better option. But if you print only a few pages every day or very rarely, then stick to the standard toner cartridge.