LaserJet 1022Cartridge prices starting at $23.95
Shop Cartridges for LaserJet 1022
- HP 12A (Q2612A) Black JUMBO Compatible Toner CartridgeToner cartridge for the HP LaserJet 1020, LaserJet 3050, and more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Do you need to replace the toner in your HP LaserJet 1022 printer? Follow these five simple steps.
- First, lift open the print cartridge door.
- Next, take the empty cartridge out of the printer.
- Take the new cartridge out of its packaging and shake it gently several times. Without touching the drum on the bottom, pull the tab and remove the plastic tape.
- Insert the new cartridge in the printer.
- Lower the print cartridge door.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I immediately replace the old toner cartridge on my HP LaserJet 1022 the moment I experience print quality issues?
Not necessarily. There are many other factors that affect print quality such as the type of paper use, the printer’s environment, connections, and condition, and the driver settings. If there are no issues in any of these areas, then try resetting your printer. Did it resolve the issue? If not, then it’s time to change the toner cartridge.
Why am I getting an ‘Install Black Cartridge’ error message even if I just inserted a new black cartridge?
The ‘Install Black Cartridge’ error message may indicate an obstruction that’s preventing the new cartridge from being recognized. Did you remove the sealing tape on the new cartridge before installing it? If not, then pull out the cartridge from the printer and remove the sealing tape before inserting it back into the printer.
When I encounter a ghosting issue while printing, does it mean my printer’s toner cartridge already needs replacement?
Not really. Ghosting can also be due to a drum unit or imaging kit nearing the end of its service life. Try changing it and see if it fixes the ghosting issue.