HP LaserJet 1012 TonerCartridge prices starting at $19.95
Shop Cartridges for LaserJet 1012
- HP 12A (Q2612A) Black JUMBO Compatible Toner CartridgeToner cartridge for the HP LaserJet 1020, LaserJet 3050, and more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Here’s a simple guide to removing and replacing a toner cartridge on HP LaserJet 1012 printers:
- Start by putting the output paper tray on top of the access panel out of the way.
- Lift to open the access panel by using the small handle on the right of the panel.
- Grab the handle of the used toner cartridge. Rotate it upward and pull it straight up to remove.
- Unbox the new toner cartridge and remove the packaging.
- Rock the new cartridge back and forth for several times to dislodge the toner inside.
- Pull the packing strip out.
- Place the new toner cartridge inside the printer until it firmly locks into place.
- Close the access panel.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I prevent damage to an opened toner cartridge?
Avoid exposing an opened cartridge to direct light as much as possible. And make sure to cover it with a sheet of paper.
How frequent should I replace the toner cartridge on my HP LaserJet 1012 printer?
How often you replace the toner cartridge on your HP printer depends mainly on how often you use your printer. If you print a lot of documents, then you will need to replace it more frequently too.
What is the difference between a high yield toner cartridge and an extra high yield cartridge?
An extra high yield cartridge is the same size as a standard cartridge but contains more ink and is priced higher than a high yield cartridge.