HP Deskjet 940 ink
Cartridge prices starting at $16.95
The HP Deskjet 940 Printer offers resolution of 2400 x 1200 dpi. It's a basic, single-purpose device, compatible with most operating systems and offers standard USB and parallel connections. (Hint: Carrot Ink carries remanufactured HP 15 and HP 78 ink cartridges for this printer that are priced 60-70% less than the same genuine HP cartridges. No need to rush to your nearest printer supplies store just to get one. We make shopping for print cartridges and printer supplies cheaper and more convenient for you. And with our prompt customer service assistance, you get to purchase your needed cartridge without the hassle. Shop from the comfort of your home or office today and take advantage of our fast shipping.)
Single Ink Cartridges
Regular Price: $27.95
Special Price $16.95
How To Replace Cartridge
- On your HP Deskjet 940 Printer, make sure the Out tray and Fold-Up tray are both down.
- Press the power button. Open the top cover. The ink carriage will move to the center of the printer.
- Lift the cartridge latch and remove the empty cartridge.
- Take the new cartridge out of its wrapper and remove the plastic tape. Do not touch the copper contacts or ink nozzles.
- Slide the new cartridge into the correct slot and secure the latch.
- Close the top cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if the ‘Incorrect Installation’ error message appears after replacing the old ink cartridge?
If you get an ‘Incorrect Installation’ error message after installing a new ink, try removing the new ink cartridge and reinstall it properly. Make sure the cartridge clicks into place after inserting it into its corresponding slot before closing the printer.
Should I purchase a replacement ink cartridge as soon as the ‘Low on Ink’ error message appears on my HP Deskjet 940?
Yes, we highly recommend you get a replacement ink cartridge when you receive a ‘Low on Ink’ error message to avoid printing downtime.
What do I do to finish the print job with an ‘Ink Alert’ message on my printer panel?
To resume printing even with an ‘Ink Alert’ message, simply press OK on the printer panel to close the message and that’s it!