HP Deskjet 5440 InkCartridge prices starting at $12.95
Shop Cartridges for Deskjet 5440
- HP 92 & HP 93 Remanufactured Ink Cartridge 3-Pack ComboContains 2x HP 92 Black, and 1x HP 93 Color Remanufactured Ink Cartridges Learn MoreSpecial Price $19.95 As low as $17.953 Cartridges / $6.65ea
- HP 99 (C9369WN) Photo Remanufactured Ink CartridgeInk Cartridge for HP Deskjet 460, HP OfficeJet J6424, and Many More! Learn More
- HP 92 (C9362WN) Black Remanufactured Ink CartridgeInk Cartridge for HP Deskjet 5440, HP PhotoSmart C3125, and Many More! Learn More
- HP 93 (C9361WN) Tri-Color Remanufactured Ink CartridgeInk cartridge for the HP Deskjet 5440, HP PhotoSmart C3150, and more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Change the toner cartridge on your HP Deskjet 5440 by following these simple steps:
- Make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Load fresh, A-4 sized paper or plain white letter in the paper tray.
- Open the top cover of the printer. Wait until the carriage moves and stops on the right side of the printer.
- Release the cartridge by pressing down, and then, slide it out of its slot.
- Pull out the new print cartridge from its bag.
- Pull the colored tab to remove the plastic tape.
- Hold the cartridge on both sides.
- Slide the print cartridge at a slight upward angle into its corresponding slot. Push it forward until it clicks into place.
- Repeat steps 4 to 8 to change another cartridge.
- Close the top cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to replace the black print cartridge together with the tri-color and the photo print cartridges?
Not necessarily. You only need to replace the cartridge that’s totally depleted. But if you think the two remaining cartridges are starting to run low on ink too, it’s best to purchase all three cartridges.
How do I check the ink levels on my HP Deskjet 5440 printer?
To check the ink levels, use the software installed with your Deskjet 5440. Simply open the printer ‘Toolbox’ and click the ‘Estimated Ink Levels’ tab.
Should I get a replacement ink cartridge as soon as I receive a low-ink warning message?
Not necessarily. But it’s best to have a replacement ink cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays.