Deskjet 460Cartridge prices starting at $7.95
Shop Cartridges for Deskjet 460
- HP 94 & 95 Remanufactured Ink Cartridge 3-Pack ComboContains 2 Black, and 1 Color, Remanufactured Ink Cartridges Learn More3 Cartridges / $6.65ea
- HP 99 (C9369WN) Photo Remanufactured Ink CartridgeInk Cartridge for HP Deskjet 460, HP OfficeJet J6424, and Many More! Learn More
- HP 100 (C9368AN) Photo Gray Remanufactured Ink CartridgeInk Cartridge for HP PhotoSmart 2610, HP Deskjet 6988, and Many More! Learn More
- HP 95 (C8766WN) Tri-Color Remanufactured Ink CartridgeInk Cartridge for HP Deskjet 6620xi, HP PhotoSmart 8450, and Many More! Learn More
- HP 97 (C9363WN) Tri-Color Remanufactured Ink CartridgeInk Cartridge for HP Deskjet 460wf, HP PhotoSmart 8038, and more! Learn More
- HP 94 (C8765WN) Black Remanufactured Ink CartridgeInk cartridge for the HP Deskjet 5740, HP OfficeJet 7310xi, and more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Turn the printer on and open the front access cover.
- When the print cartridge stops moving, lift the cartridge latch open and remove the cartridge you want to replace.
- Take the new cartridge out of its wrapper and remove the plastic tape. Do not touch the contacts or ink port.
- Install the new cartridge into the correct slot.
- Close the print cartridge latch.
- Close the front access cover. Wait for the machine to complete the initialization before printing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it mean when the Power light turns on and the Right and Left Cartridge lights blink after installing new cartridges on my HP Deskjet 460?
This lighting pattern indicates that both cartridges need attention. You have probably installed them incorrectly or their contacts are dirty. Try removing the cartridges first to see if the contacts need cleaning or if you simply need to reinstall the cartridges properly.
When cleaning the contacts, why should it be done quickly?
Cleaning the contacts should be done quickly because the cartridge should not be exposed for more than 30 minutes. If it is out of the printer for an extended period, the ink can dry and clog the nozzles.
Can I get a replacement if I received a defective ink cartridge?
Yes if it is within one year of purchase. Just let us know by calling or sending us a message via chat or email.