DesignJet 500Cartridge prices starting at $16.95
Shop Cartridges for DesignJet 500
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Replacing an empty ink cartridge on your HP DesignJet 500 is easy. Here’s how:
- Raise the ink cartridge cover on the top of your printer to gain access to the used ink cartridge.
- Find the corresponding color cartridge that needs replacement.
- Gently pull the empty ink cartridge straight up to remove it.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from its packaging.
- Insert the new cartridge into the correct slot and push it down until you hear it click into place.
- Repeat the steps 3 to 5 if you wish to replace other color cartridges.
- Lower the ink cartridge cover to close it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the printhead and the ink cartridge?
The ink cartridges contain the ink used for printing. The printhead, on the other hand, is responsible for placing minute droplets of ink onto the paper when printing.
How often should I change the ink cartridge on my HP DesignJet 500?
Well, it all depends on the workload of your HP printer. If it’s used mainly for large volume printing, then you need to replace it more frequently than the usual.
How will I know if I successfully installed all the four color ink cartridges?
The printer’s icons will stop flashing once you’ve installed the cartridges correctly.