PIXMA MX850Cartridge prices starting at $7.95
The Canon PIXMA MX850 is an all-in-one unit that can print, copy, scan, and fax. It has color resolution of 9600 x 2400 dpi. Amazon users give this printer 4 out of 5 stars. They like its speed and print quality; however, it runs out of ink very fast. (Hint: Carrot Ink has you covered on that ink issue. We carry compatible Canon CLI-8 ink cartridges for this printer at 70% less cost than genuine Canon cartridges. With these more affordable options, you can start stocking up on ink cartridges, so you have one available when the printer suddenly runs out of ink. Our compatible cartridges are easy to install and guaranteed to work with your Canon printer or your money back. Print quality has no difference too as we made sure our products meet OE specifications. So, buy now!)
Shop Cartridges for PIXMA MX850
- Best SellerCanon PGI-5 & CLI-8 Compatible Ink Cartridge 10-Pack Combo
Contains 2x PGI-5 Black and 2x each of CLI-8 Black, Cyan, Magenta, & Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$25.9510 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerCanon PGI-5 & CLI-8 Compatible Ink Cartridge 5-Pack Combo
Contains 1x PGI-5 Black, and 1x of each CLI-8 Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow Compatible Ink CartridgesLearn More$15.955 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerCanon CLI-8 Compatible Ink Cartridge 4-Pack Combo
Contains 1 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, and 1 Yellow Compatible Ink CartridgesLearn More$14.954 Cartridges / $ ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Power on your Canon printer and pull open the output tray. (If the output tray does not open, press the Open button.)
- Lift the scanning unit cover. The print head will move to the replacement position.
- Open the inner cover.
- Press the tab on the ink cartridge you want to replace and pull it out of its slot.
- Take the new cartridge out of its wrapper and remove the plastic tape.
- Twist off the orange cap. Do not touch the copper contacts or ink nozzles.
- Insert the new cartridge into the proper slot on the print head.
- Press the cartridge firmly until you hear a click. The lamp on the ink cartridge should light red.
- Close the inner cover and the scanning unit cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the PGI-5BK and the CLI-8BK?
The PGI-5BK contains a pigment-based ink while the CLI-8BK contains the standard dye-based ink.
If I mostly print photos, which is the better option for me: the PGI cartridge or the CLI cartridge?
Dye-based ink is used mainly for photos and double sided black output, and this is what the CLI cartridge contains. So yes, the CLI cartridge is the better choice for your printing need.
When should I choose the PGI cartridge for my Canon PIXMA MX850?
The pigment ink is used primarily for text and single-sided general black output. So, if you print mostly text-heavy documents, then the PGI cartridge is the right option for your MX850.