PIXMA MX850Cartridge prices starting at $6.95
Shop Cartridges for PIXMA MX850
- Canon PGI-5 & CLI-8 Compatible Ink Cartridge 10-Pack ComboContains 2x PGI-5 Black and 2x each of CLI-8 Black, Cyan, Magenta, & Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridges. Learn MoreSpecial Price $25.95 As low as $23.9510 Cartridges / $2.8ea
- Canon PGI-5 & CLI-8 Compatible Ink Cartridge 5-Pack ComboContains 1x PGI-5 Black, and 1x of each CLI-8 Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridges Learn MoreSpecial Price $15.95 As low as $12.955 Cartridges / $3.19ea
- Canon CLI-8C Cyan (0621B002) Cyan Compatible Ink CartridgeInk cartridge for the Canon PIXMA MP520, Canon PIXMA Pro 9000, and many more! Learn More
- Canon CLI-8M (0622B002) Magenta Compatible Ink CartridgeInk cartridge for the Canon PIXMA MP510, Canon PIXMA iP6600D, and many more! Learn More
- Canon PGI-5BK (0628B002) Pigment Black Compatible Ink CartridgeInk Cartridge for Canon PIXMA MP800, Canon PIXMA iP4200, and Many More! Learn More
- Canon CLI-8Y (0623B002) Yellow Compatible Ink CartridgeInk cartridge for the Canon PIXMA MP500, Canon PIXMA iP5300, and many more! Learn More
- Canon CLI-8BK (0620B002) Black Compatible Ink CartridgeInk cartridge for the Canon PIXMA MP830, Canon PIXMA iP5300, and many more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Power on your Canon printer and pull open the output tray. (If the output tray does not open, press the Open button.)
- Lift the scanning unit cover. The print head will move to the replacement position.
- Open the inner cover.
- Press the tab on the ink cartridge you want to replace and pull it out of its slot.
- Take the new cartridge out of its wrapper and remove the plastic tape.
- Twist off the orange cap. Do not touch the copper contacts or ink nozzles.
- Insert the new cartridge into the proper slot on the print head.
- Press the cartridge firmly until you hear a click. The lamp on the ink cartridge should light red.
- Close the inner cover and the scanning unit cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the PGI-5BK and the CLI-8BK?
The PGI-5BK contains a pigment-based ink while the CLI-8BK contains the standard dye-based ink.
If I mostly print photos, which is the better option for me: the PGI cartridge or the CLI cartridge?
Dye-based ink is used mainly for photos and double sided black output, and this is what the CLI cartridge contains. So yes, the CLI cartridge is the better choice for your printing need.
When should I choose the PGI cartridge for my Canon PIXMA MX850?
The pigment ink is used primarily for text and single-sided general black output. So, if you print mostly text-heavy documents, then the PGI cartridge is the right option for your MX850.