PIXMA MP970Cartridge prices starting at $7.99
Shop Cartridges for PIXMA MP970
- Canon PGI-5 & CLI-8 Compatible Ink Cartridge 10-Pack Combo
Contains 2 PGI-5 Black and 2 each of CLI-8 Black, Cyan, Magenta, & Yellow Compatible Ink CartridgesLearn More$24.9910 Cartridges / $ ea
- Canon PGI-5 & CLI-8 Compatible Ink Cartridge 5-Pack ComboContains 1 PGI-5 Black, and 1 of each CLI-8 Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow compatible ink cartridges. Learn More$15.995 Cartridges / $ ea
- Canon PGI-5BK (0628B002) Pigment Black Compatible Ink Cartridge 650 Page Yield
- Canon CLI-8PC (0624B002) Photo Cyan Compatible Ink Cartridge 280 Page Yield
- Canon CLI-8PM (0625B002) Photo Magenta Compatible Ink Cartridge 280 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Power on your PIXMA MP970 printer.
- Open the paper output tray and then lift the scanning unit cover until it stops. The print head holder will slide to the center.
- Push in on the tab of the ink cartridge you want to replace and pull it out of its slot. Do not touch the lock lever.
- Take the new cartridge out of its wrapper and remove the plastic tape and protective cap.
- Slide the new ink cartridge into the correct slot until it snaps into place. The lamp should light red.
- Close the scanning unit cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it that my Canon printer is printing in pink?
The ink cartridges on your printer may not be seated properly. Try reseating the ink tanks. Or if you have recently replaced the ink cartridges, try checking if nothing is blocking the ink from flowing. If there is still a plastic sealing tape on top of the cartridge, remove it before reinstalling the cartridge inside the printer.
What to do if I get an ink is empty or low error message after installing a compatible Canon ink cartridge?
You can simply ignore the error message by clicking OK or CONTINUE on your printer panel.
I’m thinking of getting the Canon PGI-5 and CLI-8 Compatible 10-Pack Combo—up to how long can I keep an unused ink cartridge?
Our compatible Canon ink cartridges have a shelf life of 18 to 24 months. Be sure to use any unopened cartridge before this period ends. Keep them in their original packaging and in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight while in storage.