PIXMA MP970Cartridge prices starting at $7.95
The Canon PIXMA MP970 All-in-One Inkjet Printer can print, preview, copy and scan. PC Magazine gives this printer 4 out of 5 stars. They like its high-quality photo printing, its ability to scan and print from 35mm film, and its dual paper feed. They don't like that it doesn't fax, and it doesn't have an automatic document feeder. Amazon users give this printer 3.6 out of 5 stars. They like the quality of its color printing, but not how fast it uses color ink. (Hint: Your friends at Carrot Ink have compatible Canon CLI-8 ink cartridges for this printer available at 70% less cost than their genuine Canon counterparts. So, stock up on these affordable cartridges, and enjoy the convenience of having a spare on hand every time your printer runs out of ink.)
Shop Cartridges for PIXMA MP970
- Best SellerCanon PGI-5 & CLI-8 Compatible Ink Cartridge 10-Pack Combo
Contains 2x PGI-5 Black and 2x each of CLI-8 Black, Cyan, Magenta, & Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$25.9510 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerCanon CLI-8 Compatible Ink Cartridge 6-Pack Combo
Contains 1 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, 1 Yellow, 1 Photo Cyan, and 1 Photo Magenta Compatible Ink CartridgesLearn More$19.956 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerCanon PGI-5 & CLI-8 Compatible Ink Cartridge 5-Pack Combo
Contains 1x PGI-5 Black, and 1x of each CLI-8 Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow Compatible Ink CartridgesLearn More$15.955 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerCanon CLI-8 Compatible Ink Cartridge 4-Pack Combo
Contains 1 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, and 1 Yellow Compatible Ink CartridgesLearn More$14.954 Cartridges / $ ea
- Canon CLI-8PM (0625B002) Photo Magenta Compatible Ink Cartridge 280 Page Yield
- Canon PGI-5BK (0628B002) Pigment Black Compatible Ink Cartridge 650 Page Yield
- Canon CLI-8PC (0624B002) Photo Cyan Compatible Ink Cartridge 280 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Power on your PIXMA MP970 printer.
- Open the paper output tray and then lift the scanning unit cover until it stops. The print head holder will slide to the center.
- Push in on the tab of the ink cartridge you want to replace and pull it out of its slot. Do not touch the lock lever.
- Take the new cartridge out of its wrapper and remove the plastic tape and protective cap.
- Slide the new ink cartridge into the correct slot until it snaps into place. The lamp should light red.
- Close the scanning unit cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it that my Canon printer is printing in pink?
The ink cartridges on your printer may not be seated properly. Try reseating the ink tanks. Or if you have recently replaced the ink cartridges, try checking if nothing is blocking the ink from flowing. If there is still a plastic sealing tape on top of the cartridge, remove it before reinstalling the cartridge inside the printer.
What to do if I get an ink is empty or low error message after installing a compatible Canon ink cartridge?
You can simply ignore the error message by clicking OK or CONTINUE on your printer panel.
I’m thinking of getting the Canon PGI-5 and CLI-8 Compatible 10-Pack Combo—up to how long can I keep an unused ink cartridge?
Our compatible Canon ink cartridges have a shelf life of 18 to 24 months. Be sure to use any unopened cartridge before this period ends. Keep them in their original packaging and in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight while in storage.