Canon PC170 TonerCartridge prices starting at $36.95
Shop Cartridges for PC170
- Canon E40 (1491A002AA) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner CartridgeToner cartridge for the Canon FC-224, Canon PC320, and many more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Slide the platen to the left until the arrow symbol is exposed.
- Press the top cover release button to open the top cover so that it stands upright.
- Grip the end of the used cartridge and pull it out from the copier.
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging.
- Holding the cartridge level (the side with written instructions will be facing upward), rock the cartridge several times in different directions to evenly distribute the toner.
- Peel the sealing tape from the end of the cartridge. Grasp the grip and pull the sealing tape out in the direction of the arrow mark away from the cartridge. Make sure you pull it straight out and not at an angle.
- Hold the cartridge so that the side with the written instructions is facing to the left. Then, carefully insert the cartridge into the copier as far as it will go.
- Close the top cover by pressing down on the button with a hand symbol.
- Return the platen to the center position.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does high yield capacity mean there’s more ink inside?
Yes! High yield capacity cartridges have more ink, and have a higher page yield per cartridge than standard yield cartridges.
How many pages can I copy with this toner?
This toner cartridge has a page yield of roughly 4,000, depending on your copier settings.
How do I know which toner to use with my printer?
The Canon E40 (1491A002AA) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge is compatible with your Canon PC170! You can check the product page to see which printers each item is compatible with.