Shop Cartridges for MFC-9840CDW
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Make sure you printer’s off before you open the front cover.
- Grab the drum unit’s green handle and pull it out until it stops. Once all the toner cartridges are in full view, pull out whichever cartridge needs replacing.
- Clean the corona wire of the drum unit. To do this, locate the white corona wire cover on the drum unit. Push to release the latch. Once the green tab is in view, slide it from left to right a few times. Then, close the white cover again.
- Unpack your new cartridge. Then, gently rock it with both hands from side to side to spread the ink evenly. Lastly, remove its protective cover.
- To place the new cartridge into the drum unit, hold handle of the toner cartridge and slide it in. Note: Match the color of the toner cartridge to the color of label on the drum unit. Fold down the toner cartridge handle once it’s in place.
- Push the entire drum unit back to the printer until it stops. Close the front cover.
Do I need to replace all color cartridges?
If your printer tells you that all your color cartridges need replacing, then you need to do so. But if it’s just the black one (or any one of the color cartridges) that is running low, then that’s the only cartridge that you need to replace.
What is the difference between your TN115 cartridge and the TN110 cartridge I see in other online stores?
Our Brother TN115 cartridges are high yield. Our black cartridge can produce up to 5,000 pages, while the color cartridges can produce up to 4,000 pages. This is as opposed to the TN110 cartridges, which can only produce 2,500 black pages and 1,500 color pages.
What will the quality of the printed pages be?
You’ll get the same quality as that of the OEM cartridges. Expect to get rich, vivid colors on any of your printing materials.