Brother MFC-9160 ink
Cartridge prices starting at $11.95
The Brother MFC-9160 is a multifunction monochrome laser printer that effectively combines a printer, scanner, copier, and fax machine in one. It offers print speeds up to 10 ppm with maximum resolution of 600 x 600 dpi and copying speeds up to 10 ppm with 300 x 600 dpi resolution. It makes a nice addition to any home or office, so if you’ve got one, make sure to always have a spare toner cartridge on hand. You don’t have to pay much to get a high-quality replacement toner cartridge. Here at Carrot Ink, you can save as much as 75% off the cost of genuine Brother cartridges with our compatibles. Buy our Brother TN250 Black Compatible Toner Cartridge and enjoy the extra savings!
Buy Ink Cartridges for Brother MFC-9160 ink
How To Replace Cartridge
Change the toner cartridge on the Brother MFC-9160 with these easy steps:
- Make sure that the printer is turned off.
- Open the top cover and pull the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly out of the printer.
- Turn the lever forward, and slide the toner cartridge out of the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
- Remove the packaging of the new toner cartridge.
- Hold the cartridge with both hands and gently rock the cartridge side to side five or six times to distribute the toner inside the cartridge evenly.
- Remove the protective cover and insert the new toner cartridge into the drum unit.
- Clean the primary corona wire by lightly sliding the green tab from side to side.
- Turn the lever backward.
- Insert the drum unit assembly back into the printer.
- Close the top cover of the printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the LCD displays the ‘CHANGE DRUM SOON’ error message, can I continue to print?
Yes. You may be able to continue to print without replacing the drum unit at once. But we highly recommend that you get a replacement drum unit soon, so you’ve got one on hand when the print quality starts to deteriorate.
What are some of the factors that affect the actual drum life?
Some of the factors that affect the actual drum life include humidity, temperature, type of toner and paper used, and the volume of the print job.
Why did my Brother MFC-9160 suddenly stop printing when the Toner Empty LED light stayed on?
When the Toner Empty LED light stays on, it means the toner is empty and the printer automatically stops printing. Replace the empty cartridge with a new one to resume printing.