MFC-9140CDNCartridge prices starting at $21.95
Shop Cartridges for MFC-9140CDN
- Brother DR221CL Compatible Drum Unit 4-Pack ComboSpecial Price $85.95 As low as $79.954 Cartridges / $21.49ea
- Brother TN221 & TN225 High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge 4-Pack ComboContains 1 TN221 Black, and 1 of each TN225 Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow, High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridges Learn MoreSpecial Price $47.95 As low as $45.954 Cartridges / $16.24ea
- Brother TN225Y (Replaces TN221Y) Yellow High-Yield Compatible Toner CartridgeToner Cartridge for Brother MFC-9330CDW, Brother DCP-9020CDW, and Many More! Learn More
- Brother TN225C (Replaces TN221C) Cyan High-Yield Compatible Toner CartridgeToner cartridge for the Brother HL-3170CDW, Brother DCP-9020CDW, and more! Learn More
- Brother TN225M (Replaces TN221M) Magenta High-Yield Compatible Toner CartridgeToner Cartridge for Brother MFC-9130CW, Brother DCP-9020CDW, and Many More! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Follow these steps to replace the toner cartridge on the Brother MFC-9140CDN:
- Ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Open the top cover of the printer until you hear it lock into place.
- Slide the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly out of the printer.
- Press down the green lock lever and pull the toner cartridge out of the assembly.
- Remove the packaging of the new toner cartridge.
- Hold the cartridge with both hands and lightly rock the cartridge to distribute the toner inside the cartridge evenly.
- Slide the protective cover out of the cartridge.
- Install the new toner cartridge into the drum unit.
- Clean the primary corona wire by lightly sliding the green tab from side to side.
- Push the drum unit assembly into the printer.
- Close the top cover of the printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
I just replaced the toner cartridge on my Brother MFC-9140CDN, but why am I still getting the ‘Toner Life End’ error message?
Check if you replaced the correct consumable. The MFC-9140CDN have similar consumables as the drum unit and the toner cartridge. Make sure that you replaced the toner cartridge and not the drum unit.
How can I maximize the color toner cartridges on my Brother printer if I print mostly black and white text documents?
Try changing the setting in the printer driver to maximize the color cartridges. Open the Printing Preferences, then choose Mono. Once done, click Apply and OK.
What will happen if I installed one of the color cartridges incorrectly?
A ‘Cartridge Error’ will appear on the LCD display. Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly of the color indicated on the LCD and put it back in properly before you close the cover.