MFC-8710DWCartridge prices starting at $29.95
Shop Cartridges for MFC-8710DW
- Brother TN750 (Replaces TN720) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner CartridgeToner cartridge for the Brother HL-5440D, Brother DCP-8110DN, and more! Learn More
- Brother DR720 Compatible Laser Drum Unit
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Do you need to replace the toner in your Brother MFC-8710DW laser printer? Follow these easy steps.
- Turn the printer on and let the fan cool the inside.
- Open the front cover.
- Take the drum unit out of the printer.
- Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit by pushing the green lever.
- Take the new toner out of its wrapper and shake it gently.
- Take off the protective cover and place the new toner inside the drum unit.
- To clean the corona wire, move the colored tab on the back of the drum unit all the way right and then back to the home position.
- Slide the drum unit into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I getting a gray background every time I print with my Brother MFC-810DW?
There are four possible reasons why you’re getting a gray background when printing. These include using the wrong type of paper, your machine’s environment, dirty drum surface, and defective toner cartridge or drum unit.
What to do if I’m getting black lines down the page when printing?
The most common reason why you’re getting black lines down the page is a dirty corona wire. Try cleaning the corona wire inside the drum unit by sliding the green tab. But if the corona wire is clean, the culprit could be a damaged toner cartridge, a bad drum unit, or a contaminated fuser unit. Make sure to replace any damaged component to resolve the issue.
Why is it that my printed page is all black?
If you get an all-black page when printing, chances are you have a damaged drum unit. Get a new drum unit at once.