MFC-8640DCartridge prices starting at $24.95
Shop Cartridges for MFC-8640D
- Brother TN570 & DR510 High-Yield Compatible 2-Pack ComboContains 1 TN570 Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridge, and 1 DR510 Compatible Drum Unit Learn MoreSpecial Price $45.95 As low as $43.952 Cartridges / $22.98ea
- Brother TN570 (Replaces TN540) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner CartridgeToner cartridge for the Brother HL-5170N, DCP-8040D, and more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Replace the toner cartridge on the Brother MFC-8640D with these steps:
- Open the printer’s top cover.
- Hold the drum unit in each sides by its handles, and gently pull the drum unit assembly toward you.
- Lightly turn the cartridge lever forward until it stops, and slide the old toner cartridge out of the drum unit assembly.
- Take the new toner cartridge out of its package or bag and gently rock it from side to side five or six times to distribute the toner inside the cartridge evenly.
- Install the new toner cartridge inside the printer. Make sure that the cartridge’s color matches with the color of its slot.
- Gently turn the cartridge lever backward until it stops.
- Put the drum unit back to the printer.
- Close the printer’s top cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the proper way to dispose of used toner cartridges?
Used toner cartridges should be disposed of in an appropriate container and not be treated as a regular trash item. You may contact local companies that take in empty toner cartridges. Or, you may get in touch with the cartridge manufacturer to find out if they have recycling programs.
Can I replace the used toner cartridge with a drum unit?
No. Although both are consumables, they function differently. So, you must not interchange the two.
Do you have the standard toner cartridge for the Brother MFC-8640D?
Currently, we don’t carry the standard toner cartridge for the MFC-8640D. Contact us if you have questions regarding our compatible high-yield TN570.