MFC-8600Cartridge prices starting at $40.99
Shop Cartridges for MFC-8600
- Brother TN460 & DR400 High-Yield Compatible Toner & Drum Cartridge 3-Pack Combo
Contains 2 TN460 High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridges, and 1 DR400 Compatible Drum UnitLearn More$74.993 Cartridges / $ ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Follow the steps below to replace the used toner cartridge on the Brother MFC-8600 printer:
- Open the front cover and pull the drum unit out of the printer.
- Place the drum unit on a drop cloth or a large piece of disposable paper to avoid any toner spill.
- Remove the used toner cartridge from the drum unit while holding down the lock lever on the left.
- Take the new toner cartridge out of the packaging.
- Hold the new cartridge on both sides and gently rock it several times to distribute the toner inside evenly.
- Remove the protective cover.
- Insert the new toner cartridge in the drum unit until you hear it click into place.
- Clean the primary corona wire.
- Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
How would I know the percentage of the drum’s life on my Brother MFC-8600?
For the Brother MFC-8600, simply press the ‘Function’ button, followed by the ‘1’, ‘0’, and ‘4’ buttons. For 5 seconds, the screen will display the available percentage of drum life.
When the ‘CHANGE DRUM SOON’ appears on the LCD display, does it always mean the drum unit is nearing the end of its service life?
Not really. The ‘CHANGE DRUM SOON’ error message also indicates that the drum counter was not reset after installing a new drum unit. You can reset it manually by opening the front cover, and then press ‘Clear.’ Afterward, press 1 to reset.
Is printing still possible when the ‘TONER EMPTY’ error message appears on the display?
No. Only when you replace the toner cartridge with a new one will you be able to continue printing.