MFC-8300Cartridge prices starting at $29.99
Shop Cartridges for MFC-8300
- Brother TN460 & DR400 High-Yield Compatible Toner & Drum Cartridge 3-Pack Combo
Contains 2 TN460 High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridges, and 1 DR400 Compatible Drum UnitLearn More$74.993 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN460 (Replaces TN430) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge 6,000 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Here is a step-by-step guide to replacing a used toner cartridge on the Brother MFC-8300 printer:
- Open the front cover and pull the drum unit out of the printer.
- Place the drum unit on a drop cloth to avoid any toner spill.
- Pull the used toner cartridge out of the drum unit while holding down the lock lever on the left.
- Remove the new toner cartridge from the packaging.
- Hold the new cartridge on both sides and gently rock it several times to distribute the toner inside evenly.
- Remove the protective cover.
- Put the new toner cartridge in the drum unit until you hear it click into place.
- Clean the primary corona wire.
- Insert the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know if it’s time to replace the toner cartridge in the Brother MFC-8300 printer?
When the toner cartridge in the MFC-8300 starts running low on toner, the display shows the ‘TONER LOW’ error message. Get a replacement toner cartridge immediately when this happens.
When the ‘TONER EMPTY’ error message appears on my MFC printer, will I be able to continue printing?
No. Once the ‘TONER EMPTY’ appears on the display of your MFC printer, you can no longer print until you install a new toner cartridge.
What will happen if I leave a new toner cartridge unpacked for a long period of time?
The toner life is shortened if you unpack a toner cartridge and leave it uninstalled for an extended period.