MFC-7840WCartridge prices starting at $24.99
Shop Cartridges for MFC-7840W
- Brother TN360 (Replaces TN330) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge Twin Pack 2,600 Each Page Yield$39.992 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN360 Black Compatible Jumbo Toner Cartridge 5,200 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Pull down the front cover of your Brother MFC-7840W.
- Pull and slide the drum unit straight out.
- Press down a tab on the left side of your drum unit to release the old toner cartridge.
- On top of the drum unit, you will see a small tab on the right side called the transfer unit cleaner. You would need to slide it back and forth 2 to 3 times to remove any excess toner and clean the drum unit. Just remember to slide it back in place.
- Remove the plastic sheet covering the photoconductor unit on the new toner. Fit the toner in the drum unit until it clicks.
- You need to slide and lock the drum unit back in the printer.
- Close the printer door and you can proceed with a print test.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the toner included if I purchase the drum unit?
No, but you have the option to purchase the combo pack which includes both toner and drum unit.
How do I know if I need to replace my Brother MFC-7840 drum unit?
You should change it if the image quality has significantly declined even after you’ve replaced the toner. It is best to keep a spare drum unit on hand in case you need to replace it.
For how long can I keep a spare MFC-7840 toner or drum unit in storage?
The TN360 toner cartridge and the DR360 drum unit have a shelf life of 24-36 months. Just be sure to keep it in its original packaging and stored in a cool dry place.