MFC-685CWCartridge prices starting at $6.95
Shop Cartridges for MFC-685CW
- Brother LC51 Compatible Ink Cartridge 10-Pack Combo
Contains 10x Brother LC51 (4 Black, and 2 each of Cyan, Magenta, & Yellow) Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$20.9510 Cartridges / $ea
- Brother LC51 Compatible Ink Cartridge 5-Pack Combo
Contains 2 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, and 1 Yellow, Compatible Ink CartridgesLearn More$13.955 Cartridges / $ea
- Brother LC51C Cyan Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Contains 2 Brother LC51C Cyan Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$6.952 Cartridges / $ea
- Brother LC51BK Black Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Ink cartridge for the Brother Intellifax 2580c, Brother MFC-440CN, and more!Learn More$6.952 Cartridges / $ea
- Brother LC51M Magenta Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Contains 2 Brother LC51M Magenta Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$6.952 Cartridges / $ea
- Brother LC51Y Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Contains 2 Brother LC51Y Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$6.952 Cartridges / $ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Open the ink cartridge cover. The LCD will show ‘Ink Empty Black’ and ‘Replace Ink’ if the cartridge is already empty.
- Slide the lock release lever down. Then, remove the used ink cartridge from the printer.
- Take the new ink cartridge out of the packaging.
- Pull the yellow protective cap out of the ink cartridge.
- Slide the new ink cartridge in its proper position.
- Lift up the lock release lever. Slide it firmly until you hear it click into place.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
- Make a test copy and then, print away!
Frequently Asked Questions
What could be the reason why my Brother MFC-685CW is not printing black even if I just replaced the black cartridge?
Did you remove the breather tape (or the shipping tape) before inserting the new cartridge into the printer? If the tape was not removed, the ink remained vacuum sealed in the cartridge. So try removing the tape on the cartridge and reinstall it once done.
Is the compatible cartridge to blame for the missing colors on the printed page?
No, we doubt that. Try checking if there’s ink build-up on the printhead. If there is, remove all that dried ink from the printhead. Simply give the nozzles a quick swipe with a damp paper towel. See if this does the trick.
How long will the ink last if I store it for future use?
The shelf life of our compatible ink cartridges is approximately 2 years. However, this can reach up to 3 years if the cartridge is properly stored in a cool, dark, and dry place and in an upright position.