MFC-640CWCartridge prices starting at $6.95
Shop Cartridges for MFC-640CW
- Brother LC41M Magenta Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin PackInk Cartridge for Brother Intellifax 1840C, Brother DCP-120C, and Many More! Learn More2 Cartridges / $3.48ea
- Brother LC41Y Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin PackInk Cartridge for Brother DCP-110C, DCP-120C, and Many More! Learn More2 Cartridges / $3.48ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Here’s how you can change the empty ink cartridge on the Brother MFC-640CW printer:
- Open the scanner cover by lifting it from the right-hand side of the printer. See to it that it is locked securely into the open position before you begin.
- Pull the ink cartridge hook toward you, and then remove the ink cartridge that is empty or needs replacement.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from the bag.
- Carefully remove the protective cover of the new cartridge in the direction away from you.
- Keep the new ink cartridge in an upright position while inserting it into the empty slot.
- Press down on the new cartridge until the hook snaps securely over it.
- Lift the scanner cover to release the lock and close it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if an ink color is missing from the printed pages?
If one of the ink colors is missing from the printed pages, try checking if the ink cartridges are installed correctly. If they are, verify if the nozzles are clogged. Try cleaning the printhead if your machine has clogged nozzles.
Can I print using the black ink cartridge when all color cartridges in my Brother MFC-640CW are already empty?
No. Your Brother MFC printer is designed to stop printing when one of its cartridges is empty. Replace the color cartridges so you can continue printing in black.
How can I improve poor print quality?
To improve the quality of your prints, you may clean the four color print heads, adjust the vertical alignment, or replace the near empty ink cartridges.