MFC-5440CNCartridge prices starting at $6.95
Shop Cartridges for MFC-5440CN
- Brother LC41M Magenta Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin PackInk Cartridge for Brother Intellifax 1840C, Brother DCP-120C, and Many More! Learn More2 Cartridges / $3.48ea
- Brother LC41Y Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin PackInk Cartridge for Brother DCP-110C, DCP-120C, and Many More! Learn More2 Cartridges / $3.48ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Lift the scanner cover from the right-hand side of the printer. Make sure it locks securely into the open position before you access the cartridge.
- Pull the ink cartridge hook toward you, and then carefully remove the empty ink cartridge.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from the packaging. If the cartridge cover did not come off when you opened the bag, remove it before you insert the new cartridge into the slot.
- Hold the new ink cartridge in an upright position, and then insert it into the correct slot.
- Press down on the new cartridge until the hook snaps securely.
- Lift the scanner cover to release the lock and slowly push it down to close.
Frequently Asked Questions
I recently replaced the ink cartridge on my Brother MFC-5440CN with a compatible ink, but why am I getting a missing ink on my printed pages?
Missing ink on printed pages could be due to clogged nozzles. Clean the printhead if that is the case. But if they are not clogged, the problem could be on the cartridge itself. If you failed to store it properly before use, it could really lead to print quality problems.
Why is it necessary to ship the MFC with the ink cartridges in position?
Shipping the MFC without the ink cartridges in position might cause damage to the MFC. So, be sure to check this important detail before shipping your machine.
How long can I store compatible ink cartridges?
Our compatible ink cartridges have a shelf life of 18 to 24 months. So, you can still use cartridges from unopened packaging up to 2 years after purchase if you store them properly.