MFC-440CNCartridge prices starting at $8.95
The Brother MFC-440CN Color All-in-One Printer prints vibrant borderless photos, and has options to scan, copy, and fax. It prints up to 25 pages per minute in black, and 20 pages per minute in color. Print resolutions are up to 6000 x 1200. Amazon users like the quality printing and the price of this unit, however it will not print in black if one of the colored ink cartridges is empty or missing. (Hint: Carrot Ink has you covered. We carry compatible Brother LC-51 ink cartridges for this printer at prices 80% less than genuine Brother cartridges. They’re made to exact OEM specifications, so you can hardly tell the difference. Feel free to contact one of our friendly customer service representatives if you have any queries.)
Shop Cartridges for MFC-440CN
- Best SellerBrother LC51 Compatible Ink Cartridge 10-Pack Combo
Contains 10x Brother LC51 (4 Black, and 2 each of Cyan, Magenta, & Yellow) Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$25.9510 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC51 Compatible Ink Cartridge 5-Pack Combo
Contains 2 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, and 1 Yellow, Compatible Ink CartridgesLearn More$13.955 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC51C Cyan Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Contains 2 Brother LC51C Cyan Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$8.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC51Y Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Contains 2 Brother LC51Y Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$8.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC51M Magenta Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Contains 2 Brother LC51M Magenta Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$8.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC51BK Black Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Ink cartridge for the Brother Intellifax 2580c, Brother MFC-440CN, and more!Learn More$8.952 Cartridges / $ ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Make sure the machine is on. Open the ink cartridge cover.
- Press down on the lever and remove the cartridge you wish to replace.
- Take the new cartridge out of its wrapper and remove the plastic tape and orange cap.
- Insert the new cartridge into the correct slot. The lever will snap up when the cartridge is in the correct position.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
- Carrot Ink carries compatible Brother LC-51 cartridges for this printer that are priced 80% less than genuine Brother LC-51 cartridges.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if my Brother MFC-440CN color cartridges are not printing even if they are full?
First, remove all your color cartridges from the printhead. Then, with the use of a canned air, shoot air into the small hole in the printhead where the ink is sucked out of the cartridge. This will unclog the line for you. Now, run a printer cleaning cycle, and then print a test page to see if this works.
What do compatibles mean?
We sometimes use the term compatibles to refer to compatible cartridges. These are brand-new ink tanks that are designed to meet OEM specifications.
How do I store an unused compatible ink cartridge?
Here are tips on how to store a compatible ink cartridge. One, store it in an upright position. Two, keep it sealed. And three, keep it in a cool, dry, and dark room.