MFC-255CWCartridge prices starting at $8.95
The Brother MFC-255CW Printer is able to print, scan, copy, and fax. It can print up to 20 pages per minute in black, and 18 pages per minute in color, and it has color resolution up to 6000 x 1200 dpi. Amazon users report good print quality, but it uses ink extremely fast and it won't print in black if one of the colored inks run out. Also it seems to use up ink even when it is not in use. Other Brother printers have received very high marks in Amazon reviews. (Hint: If you happen to own this printer, rest easy, because Carrot Ink carries compatible Brother LC61 ink cartridges for this unit that are priced 50-80% less than genuine Brother cartridges.)
Shop Cartridges for MFC-255CW
- Best SellerBrother LC61 Compatible Ink Cartridge 10-Pack Combo
Contains 10x Brother LC61 (4 Black and 2 each of Cyan, Magenta, & Yellow) Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$24.9510 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC61 Compatible Ink Cartridge 5-Pack Combo
Contains 2 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, and 1 Yellow, Compatible Ink CartridgesLearn More$14.955 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC61Y Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Contains 2 Brother LC61Y Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$8.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC61BK Black Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Contains 2 Brother LC61BK Black Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$8.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC61M Magenta Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Contains 2 Brother LC61M Magenta Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$8.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC61C Cyan Compatible Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Contains 2 Brother LC61C Cyan Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$8.952 Cartridges / $ ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Turn on the power for your Brother printer.
- Open the ink cartridge cover.
- Press down on the lock release lever and remove the cartridge you would like to replace.
- Take the new cartridge out of its wrapper and remove the plastic tape and cap.
- Insert the new cartridge into the correct slot.
- Push it in until it clicks.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to check your print quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it that my Brother MFC-255CW printer is not printing black after installing a new cartridge?
A Brother MFC-255CW printer that won’t print black could mean that the shipping tape on the newly installed cartridge was not removed. Try checking if you have removed it prior to installation. If indeed it’s still there, remove it before reinstalling the cartridge.
I rarely print, so how long does your cartridge last since I’m getting the twin pack?
Our compatible ink cartridges can last up to 2 years. But if they’re kept in their original packaging and stored in a dry, cool place, they can last up to 3 years.
How much is your standard shipping charge?
For orders below $40, the standard shipping rate of $3.95 will apply, but that is if you live in any of the 48 adjoining states. If you live in Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Puerto Rico, and other U.S. territories, the $24.99 fee will apply.