Brother MFC-255CW Ink
Cartridge prices starting at $6.95
The Brother MFC-255CW Printer is able to print, scan, copy, and fax. It can print up to 20 pages per minute in black, and 18 pages per minute in color, and it has color resolution up to 6000 x 1200 dpi. Amazon users report good print quality, but it uses ink extremely fast and it won't print in black if one of the colored inks run out. Also it seems to use up ink even when it is not in use. Other Brother printers have received very high marks in Amazon reviews. (Hint: If you happen to own this printer, rest easy, because Carrot Ink carries compatible Brother LC61 ink cartridges for this unit that are priced 50-80% less than genuine Brother cartridges.)
How To Replace Cartridge
- Turn on the power for your Brother printer.
- Open the ink cartridge cover.
- Press down on the lock release lever and remove the cartridge you would like to replace.
- Take the new cartridge out of its wrapper and remove the plastic tape and cap.
- Insert the new cartridge into the correct slot.
- Push it in until it clicks.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to check your print quality.