HL-L5000DCartridge prices starting at $25.99
Shop Cartridges for HL-L5000D
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Open the front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly from the machine.
- Push down the green lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge.
- Remove the protective cover.
- Put the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place.
- Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left several times. Be sure to return the tab to the home position (▲). The arrow on the tab must be aligned with the arrow on the drum unit. If it isn't, printed pages may have a vertical stripe.
- Install the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly back into the machine.
- Close the front cover of the machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does your warranty work?
With our warranty, we promise a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back—no questions asked. We can also replace your product with free shipping within 1 year of your purchase.
What's the page count of this cartridge before I need a new one?
The Brother TN850 / TN820 Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge can print up to 8,000 pages, depending on the settings you usually use on your printer and how often you print.
Can I buy the drum unit and toner cartridge separately?
Yes. While your printer needs both to function, they're separate items that have different page yields, and will often need replacement at different times.