HL-5340DCartridge prices starting at $28.99
Shop Cartridges for HL-5340D
- Brother TN650 & DR620 High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge 3-Pack Combo
Contains 2x TN650 High-Yield Compatible Toners, and 1x DR620 Standard Yield Drum UnitLearn More$65.993 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN650 (Replaces TN620) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge 8,000 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
These steps will help you replace the toner cartridge on your Brother HL-5340D:
- Make sure that your printer is turned on before you open the front cover.
- Remove the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
- Hold your printer with one hand and hold the drum unit with the other hand. Then, pull the drum unit toward you and lift it up.
- Push down the blue lock lever and pull the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge. Take the time to rock it a few times from side to side to distribute the toner evenly.
- Remove the protective cover of the new toner cartridge.
- Gently slide the blue tab from right to left and left to right several times to clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit.
- Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the printer.
- Close the front cover of the printer.
How come the ‘Toner’ LED is still flashing even after I replaced the toner cartridge on my Brother HL-5340D printer?
Check if it’s the toner cartridge that you replaced and not the drum unit. If you did install the toner cartridge, verify if you have done the installation correctly. Just to be sure, redo all the steps in replacing a toner cartridge.
What does a ‘Drum Error’ message mean?
It means that the drum unit is near the end of its service life. However, a dirty corona wire may also lead to the same message display. If after cleaning the corona wire the ‘Drum Error’ still appears, then it’s high time you get a replacement drum unit.
Are compatible toner cartridges the same with remanufactured cartridges?
No, they are not. Compatible toner cartridges are made by a third-party manufacturer using high quality components and premium toner. The remanufactured cartridges are original but used cartridges that are recycled, refurbished and refilled with new high quality toner.