Brother HL-5140 TonerCartridge prices starting at $26.95
Shop Cartridges for HL-5140
- Brother TN570 & DR510 High-Yield Compatible 2-Pack ComboContains 1 TN570 Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridge, and 1 DR510 Compatible Drum Unit Learn MoreSpecial Price $45.95 As low as $43.952 Cartridges / $22.98ea
- Brother TN570 (Replaces TN540) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner CartridgeToner cartridge for the Brother HL-5170N, DCP-8040D, and more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Replace the toner cartridges on a Brother HL-5140 by following these steps:
- Press down the cover release button and then, open the front cover of your printer.
- Slide out the drum unit assembly.
- Push down the blue lock lever in the drum unit assembly.
- Take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Remove the new cartridge from its bag.
- Hold the cartridge level with both hands and gently rock it from side to side in all directions to distribute the toner.
- Pull off the protective cover of the new cartridge.
- Put the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum assembly until it locks into place.
- Insert the drum assembly back in the printer.
- Close the front cover.
When is the right time to replace the drum unit on my Brother HL-5140 printer?
Brother printers automatically detect the quality deterioration of the drum unit. So, if you notice a ‘Replace drum’ error message on the machine, it’s time to replace the drum unit.
How come the ‘Drum’ LED continues to blink even after I replaced the drum unit?
It’s probably because you failed to reset the drum counter. To reset the drum counter, open the front cover of the printer. Then, press and hold down the ‘Go’ button. Release it only when all the 4 LEDs are lit.
Is it safe to use compatible laser toner cartridges on my printer?
Yes, because compatible toner cartridges are made of brand-new, high-quality components and are designed to meet the specifications of genuine cartridges.