The Brother HL-4040cdn Color Laser Printer has built-in duplex printing with 2400x600 dots per inch resolution and a printing speed of up to 21 pages per minute for both monochrome and colored documents. Make the most of your printing by using Carrot Ink products that provide value-packed quality at a fraction of the price. Products like our Brother TN115 High-Yield Remanufactured 4-Pack Combo will keep your printing need supplied at a price point that’s much more affordable than brand-name supplies. Save more while enjoying high performance printing that Carrot Ink guarantees. Check out our products in our store and buy now!
Shop Cartridges for HL-4040CDN
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Turn off the printer power switch. Press the front cover release button and then open the front cover.
- Hold the green handle of the drum unit. Lift the drum unit up and then pull it out until it stops.
- Hold the handle of the toner cartridge and pull it out of the drum unit. Repeat this for all the toner cartridges. Place the used cartridges on a disposable sheet of paper. Recycle appropriately.
- Clean the corona wire. Push to release the latches of the white corona wire cover, and then open the cover. Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left several times. Make sure you return the green tab to the home position. Close the corona wire cover. Repeat these steps to clean all remaining corona wires.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge. Hold the cartridge with both hands and gently rock it five or six times to spread the toner evenly inside the cartridge.
- Remove the protective cover.
- Hold the handle of the toner cartridge and slide the toner cartridge into the drum unit. Make sure that you
- Match the toner cartridge color to the same color label on the drum unit, and make sure that you fold down the toner cartridge handle once the toner cartridge is in place. Repeat this for all the toner cartridges.
- Put the drum unit back in the printer.
- Close the front cover of the printer.
- Turn on the printer power switch. DO NOT turn off the printer power switch or open the front cover until the LCD shows Ready.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need both the cartridge and the drum unit for my printer?
Yes, you need both a cartridge and a drum unit for your Brother HL-4040CDN to work. You, however, do not need to replace both if only one runs out of ink.
How are remanufactured cartridges good for the environment?
Remanufactured cartridges make use of recycled cartridges by cleaning and refilling them with new ink, so they can be used again instead of thrown away. This is great for the environment because it creates less waste and has a lower impact on the environment in terms of production costs.
Does the drum unit come with toner?
The drum unit and toner cartridges must be purchased separately, as these have different ink capacities and page yields and are often replaced at different times.