HL-2280DWCartridge prices starting at $22.99
Shop Cartridges for HL-2280DW
- Brother TN450 & DR420 High-Yield Compatible Cartridge 3-Pack Combo
Contains 2 Brother TN450 (Replaces TN420) Black Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridges and 1 Brother DR420 Compatible Drum UnitLearn More$46.993 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN450 (Replaces TN420) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge Twin Pack 2600 Page Yield
Contains 2 Brother TN450 (Replaces TN420) Black Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridges.Learn More$34.992 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN450 Black Compatible Jumbo Toner Cartridge 5,000 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- First, turn the power on.
- Next, open the front cover. If the machine was on, let it cool down.
- Pull the drum unit and toner cartridge out of the printer.
- Push the green lever to release the cartridge. Take it out of the drum unit.
- Unpack the new cartridge and give it a shake.
- Remove the protective cover from the new cartridge and immediately insert it into the drum unit.
- Clean the corona wire located in the drum unit by sliding the green tab at the back of the drum unit from left to right a few times. Move the tab back to the home position.
- Place the drum unit back in the printer. Close the front cover.
- Do not turn off the power or open the front cover until the LCD returns to Ready mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get rid of the ‘Low Toner’ message after installing a compatible toner cartridge on my Brother HL-2280DW printer?
After putting in the new toner cartridge, just leave the front cover of your printer open. Then, press and release the ‘clear’ button once. After that, press and release the ‘start’ button, and then press the ‘up’ arrow until you see ‘12’ on the display. Now, close the cartridge cover and press the ‘OK’ button. You will then see the ‘Accepted’ message on the display, and the ‘Low Toner’ message is gone.
What does the error message ‘Drum End Soon’ mean?
The ‘Drum End Soon’ error message indicates that the drum unit is nearing the end of its service life and needs to be replaced soon.
When the cartridge says it has a page yield of 2,600, does it mean I can print up to exactly 2,600 pages?
Yes, but this is if you are printing at about 5% coverage, which is a small memo or letter approximately 1,500 characters. If your printed pages have lots of graphics, charts, and images, you get less than the maximum page yield as these require more toner.