HL-2242DCartridge prices starting at $22.99
Shop Cartridges for HL-2242D
- Brother TN450 & DR420 High-Yield Compatible Cartridge 3-Pack Combo
Contains 2 Brother TN450 (Replaces TN420) Black Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridges and 1 Brother DR420 Compatible Drum UnitLearn More$46.993 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN450 (Replaces TN420) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge Twin Pack 2600 Page Yield
Contains 2 Brother TN450 (Replaces TN420) Black Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridges.Learn More$34.992 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN450 Black Compatible Jumbo Toner Cartridge 5,000 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Turn your printer on and let it cool down for at least 10 minutes.
- Open your printer's front cover and pull out the drum unit assembly.
- To release the old cartridge, push down on the green lock lever.
- Unpack your new cartridge. Then, hold it with both hands and shake it side to side several times to distribute the ink inside.
- Pull off the protective cover around the new cartridge.
- Put your new cartridge into the drum unit. You should hear it click into place and the green lock lever lifting automatically.
- To clean the primary corona wire, slide the green tab from right to left several times.
- Put the drum unit assembly with the new cartridge back into the printer.
- Close your printer's front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the difference between the toner and the drum unit?
Your Brother HL-2242D needs both the drum unit and the toner to continue functioning. The two units have different uses. The toner cartridge contains the powder ink that your printer will use to print your pages. The drum unit, on the other hand, transfers the toner onto the paper that you'll use for printing.
I'm planning to buy the 3-pack combo. How long will each expire?
Our Brother TN450 & DR420 Compatible High-Yield 3-Pack Combo (composed of 2 toner cartridges and 1 drum unit) have a shelf life of 24 to 36 months. To make sure the unopened cartridges don't dry out immediately, we advise that you keep them in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight.
Does the toner come with the drum unit?
The toner is sold separately from the drum unit. You can, however, purchase our Brother TN450 & DR420 Compatible High-Yield 3-Pack Combo, so you'll have extra toners and a drum unit at the ready, as soon as your printer tells you you're running low.