Brother HL-2242D ink
Cartridge prices starting at $16.95
Although there are plenty of compact monochrome laser printers out there, the Brother HL-2242D is still able to stand out, thanks to its 26 page per minute speed and duplexing capabilities. Whether you're printing out invitations or reams of documents, you need Carrot Ink for reliable toner quality. Our toner cartridge and drum unit are made in an ISO-9001 facility. This means we manufacture our products to meet and exceed OEM standards—then give it to you for only a fraction of the original cost. Our Brother TN450 & DR420 Compatible High-Yield 3-Pack Combo works well with heavy-duty printing as it gives you the best per-cartridge price. Order more than $40 of products today, and we'll cover your shipping fee!
Buy Ink Cartridges for Brother HL-2242D ink
Contains 2 TN450 Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridges, and 1 DR420 Compatible Drum Unit
Regular Price: $125.95
Special Price $45.95
Toner cartridges for the Brother FAX-2845, Brother DCP-7065DN, and many more!
Regular Price: $70.95
Special Price $30.95
Regular Price: $31.95
Special Price $21.95
Toner cartridge for Brother FAX-2845, DCP-7065DN, and more!
Regular Price: $41.95
Special Price $16.95
How To Replace Cartridge(s)
- Turn your printer on and let it cool down for at least 10 minutes.
- Open your printer's front cover and pull out the drum unit assembly.
- To release the old cartridge, push down on the green lock lever.
- Unpack your new cartridge. Then, hold it with both hands and shake it side to side several times to distribute the ink inside.
- Pull off the protective cover around the new cartridge.
- Put your new cartridge into the drum unit. You should hear it click into place and the green lock lever lifting automatically.
- To clean the primary corona wire, slide the green tab from right to left several times.
- Put the drum unit assembly with the new cartridge back into the printer.
- Close your printer's front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the difference between the toner and the drum unit?
Your Brother HL-2242D needs both the drum unit and the toner to continue functioning. The two units have different uses. The toner cartridge contains the powder ink that your printer will use to print your pages. The drum unit, on the other hand, transfers the toner onto the paper that you'll use for printing.
I'm planning to buy the 3-pack combo. How long will each expire?
Our Brother TN450 & DR420 Compatible High-Yield 3-Pack Combo (composed of 2 toner cartridges and 1 drum unit) have a shelf life of 24 to 36 months. To make sure the unopened cartridges don't dry out immediately, we advise that you keep them in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight.
Does the toner come with the drum unit?
The toner is sold separately from the drum unit. You can, however, purchase our Brother TN450 & DR420 Compatible High-Yield 3-Pack Combo, so you'll have extra toners and a drum unit at the ready, as soon as your printer tells you you're running low.