HL-2240Cartridge prices starting at $22.99
Shop Cartridges for HL-2240
- Brother TN450 & DR420 High-Yield Compatible Cartridge 3-Pack Combo
Contains 2 Brother TN450 (Replaces TN420) Black Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridges and 1 Brother DR420 Compatible Drum UnitLearn More$46.993 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN450 (Replaces TN420) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge Twin Pack 2600 Page Yield
Contains 2 Brother TN450 (Replaces TN420) Black Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridges.Learn More$34.992 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN450 Black Compatible Jumbo Toner Cartridge 5,000 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Do you need to replace the toner in your Brother HL-L2240 printer? Follow these easy steps.
- Turn the power off.
- Open the printer.
- Pull out the drum unit and used cartridge.
- Press the small green tab on the front left side of the drum unit to unlock the toner cartridge and remove the cartridge.
- Unbox and unwrap the new toner cartridge.
- Remove the plastic protector and shake the cartridge.
- Place the new toner cartridge inside the drum unit.
- Insert the drum unit into your Brother HL-L2240 printer and close the front cover.
- Turn the power on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did I get a ‘Toner Low’ message after putting in a new toner cartridge on my Brother HL-2240 printer?
If your Brother HL-2240 does not reset properly after installing a new cartridge, it’s likely that the ‘Toner Low’ message will appear. To remove this error message, simply reset the printer manually.
How can I tell if it’s time to replace the drum unit?
Your printer’s LEDs will tell you if the drum unit already needs replacement. See if the ‘Drum’ and the ‘Ready’ LEDs are on and the ‘Toner’ and ‘Error’ LEDs are off. These warning lights often indicate it’s time to change your printer’s drum unit.
What is the difference between the toner cartridge and the imaging drum?
The toner cartridge serves as the container of the toner, which latches on to the paper to create images and texts, while the imaging drum is the one responsible in copying the images and texts from the computer to the paper using the toner.