HL-2230Cartridge prices starting at $22.99
Shop Cartridges for HL-2230
- Brother TN450 & DR420 High-Yield Compatible Cartridge 3-Pack Combo
Contains 2 Brother TN450 (Replaces TN420) Black Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridges and 1 Brother DR420 Compatible Drum UnitLearn More$46.993 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN450 (Replaces TN420) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge Twin Pack 2600 Page Yield
Contains 2 Brother TN450 (Replaces TN420) Black Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridges.Learn More$34.992 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN450 Black Compatible Jumbo Toner Cartridge 5,000 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
The steps below will show you how to replace the cartridge on your Brother HL-2230 laser printer:
- Open the printer’s front access door. Hold it on both sides and pull it toward the front.
- Look for the cartridge handle in front of the toner and drum assembly.
- Pull the drum assembly in a slightly upward angle to remove it.
- Put the entire assembly on a paper to catch any spilled toner.
- Remove the empty toner cartridge from the drum assembly. Do this by pressing down the small lever on the side and pulling the cartridge.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge. Rock it back and forth to loosen the toner inside, and then remove the protective cover.
- Put the new cartridge in the drum assembly and push down until you feel it click into place.
- Insert the drum assembly into the printer and press it firmly to seat it properly.
- Close the access door.
How would I know if it’s time to replace the toner cartridge on my Brother HL-2230?
A message saying, “TONER ENDED” will appear on your printer panel and the ‘Toner’ and ‘Error’ LEDs will turn on.
How is the drum unit different from the toner cartridge?
The drum unit transfers the toner to the paper, while the toner cartridge serves as the container of the toner.
What does ‘replace drum’ mean?
It means that it’s time to do some maintenance work on your drum unit. Although the drum unit does not require replacement from time to time, it must be checked and maintained too.