Brother HL-2220 ink
Cartridge prices starting at $16.95
The Brother HL-2220 Monochrome Laser Printer is a compact machine made for home or small office use. It has printing speeds of up to 21 pages per minute, and a Toner Save mode for non-business documents. Save even more on toner when you use Carrot Ink toner supplies! Products such as our Brother TN450 & DR420 Compatible High-Yield 3-Pack Combo will provide you with both a replacement toner cartridge and a drum unit for a fraction of what you'd pay for brand name supplies. Why spend more, when you can shop with us now and save money at the same time? We offer free shipping if you order more than $40 of products!
Buy Ink Cartridges for Brother HL-2220 ink
Contains 2 TN450 Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridges, and 1 DR420 Compatible Drum Unit
Regular Price: $125.95
Special Price $45.95
Toner cartridges for the Brother FAX-2845, Brother DCP-7065DN, and many more!
Regular Price: $70.95
Special Price $30.95
Toner cartridge for Brother FAX-2845, DCP-7065DN, and more!
Regular Price: $41.95
Special Price $16.95
How To Replace Cartridge(s)
- Make sure that the machine is turned on. Leave the machine for at least 10 minutes to cool down.
- Open the front cover.
- Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. Place these on a scrap piece of paper. Do not touch the electrodes inside the printer.
- Push down the green lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit. Recycle the used cartridge appropriately.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge. Hold the cartridge level with both hands and gently shake it from side to side several times to spread the toner evenly inside the cartridge.
- Pull off the protective cover.
- Put the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put it in properly, the green lock lever will lift automatically,
- Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gentry sliding the green tab from right to left and left to right several times. Be sure to return the tab to the home position.
- Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back into the printer and close the front cover. Do not turn off the machine's power or open the front cover until the READY LED lights up.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between the cartridge and the drum unit?
The toner cartridge has the powder needed to print your documents. On the other hand, the drum unit, transfers the toner onto the paper.
Do I need to replace the cartridge and drum unit at the same time?
While you need both the drum unit and the cartridge for your printer to work, you do not need to replace them at the same time. You only need to replace whichever your printer tells you is running low on ink.
How long can I store these supplies?
Both the Brother TN420/TN450 Black High Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge and the Brother DR420 Black Compatible Drum Unit have a shelf life of 24 to 36 months. Make sure you store them properly in a cool, dry place and away from sunlight to maximize shelf life.