Brother HL-2140 ink
Cartridge prices starting at $20.95
The Brother HL-2140 monochrome laser printer features fast printing up to 23 pages per minute and resolution up to 2400 x 600 dpi. The paper tray has a capacity of 250 sheets. Close to 400 Amazon reviewers give this printer 4.2 out of 5 stars. They like its print quality and reliability. Plus, they love it when they can save on printing costs with a compatible Brother toner cartridge. Yes, who won’t say no to extra savings? So, if you’re looking at replacing your Brother toner cartridge too, then choose compatibles. With Carrot Ink’s Brother TN360 Black High-Yield Compatible Laser Toner Cartridge Twin Pack, you get two cartridges for almost half off the price of genuine Brother cartridge.
Buy Ink Cartridges for Brother HL-2140 ink
Contains 2 TN360 Compatible Toner Cartridges, and 1 DR360 Compatible Drum Unit
Regular Price: $94.99
Special Price $49.95
Toner cartridge for the Brother DCP-7045N, Brother HL-2150N, and more!
Regular Price: $99.95
Special Price $31.89
How To Replace Cartridge(s)
When and how to replace the toner in your Brother HL-2140 monochrome laser printer.
- When the toner LED blinks 2 seconds on, 3 seconds off, the toner is nearly out. When the toner LED is lit solid, the toner needs to be replaced.
- Turn the power on and open the front cover.
- Pull out the drum unit.
- Press the green lock lever on the drum unit and remove the toner cartridge from the drum.
- Unpack the new toner and shake it back and forth.
- Remove the protective cover from the new toner and immediately insert it into the drum unit.
- Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit by sliding the colored tab on the back of the unit all the way right and then left.
- Slide the drum unit into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it mean when the ‘Drum’ LED alternates turning on for 2 seconds and off for 3 seconds?
When the ‘Drum’ LED turns on for 2 seconds and off for 3 seconds alternately, it means the drum unit is near the end of its service life. We highly suggest you get a replacement drum unit soon.
What to do if the ‘Drum’ and ‘Error’ LEDs continue to blink even after clearing the corona wire?
First, check if there is no paper jam. If there’s none, it means the drum unit is nearing the end of its service. Get a new drum unit soon.
How come my Brother HL-2140 printer still shows blinking ‘Drum’ and ‘Error’ LEDs even after changing the drum unit?
When replacing a drum unit on a Brother HL-2140 printer, its page count must be reset once the new drum unit is installed. Try doing a manual reset by opening the front cover and holding the ‘GO’ button until all four LEDs are lit. Then, release the ‘GO’ button and close the front cover.