DCP-8040Cartridge prices starting at $26.95
Shop Cartridges for DCP-8040
- Brother TN570 & DR510 High-Yield Compatible 2-Pack ComboContains 1 TN570 Compatible High-Yield Toner Cartridge, and 1 DR510 Compatible Drum Unit Learn MoreSpecial Price $45.95 As low as $43.952 Cartridges / $22.98ea
- Brother TN570 (Replaces TN540) Black High-Yield Compatible Toner CartridgeToner cartridge for the Brother HL-5170N, DCP-8040D, and more! Learn More
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Open your printer's front cover. Then, pull the drum unit out.
- To release the old toner cartridge, hold down the lock lever on the right side of the drum unit.
- Take your new cartridge out of its bag. Then, gently rock it side to side for 5 to 6 times. This will help distribute the toner inside.
- Remove the protective cover on the new cartridge.
- Place the new toner into the drum unit, until you hear it click into place. The lock lever should lift automatically.
- To clean the primary corona wire on the drum unit, locate the blue tab then slide it from right to left several times. Return it to home position.
- Place the drum unit with the new toner cartridge into the printer.
- Close your printer's front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the difference between the toner and the drum unit?
Your Brother DCP-8040 needs both units to be able to function. The toner cartridge contains the powder ink that your printer will use to print your pages. The drum unit, on the other hand, transfers the toner onto any type of paper.
Is the toner included if I buy the drum unit?
Our toners are sold separately from our drum units. What you can do, however, is purchase our Brother TN570 And DR510 High-Yield Compatible Toner & Drum Combo, so you'll have extra toner and drum unit on standby.
What is the shelf life of both the toner and drum unit?
Both our Brother TN570 Black High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridge and our Brother DR510 Black Compatible Drum Unit have a shelf life of 24 to 36 months. Just make sure that you keep them in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight.